Dave and I had the opportunity to attend the "Wings of Hope" benefit dinner prior to Valentine's Day. Everyone who purchased a ticket attended a formal dinner and dance at the airport. All proceeds benefit a local medical foundation and children who need medical care/treatment in extended areas. Althought this was a charity event, at the end of the evening there would be a ticket drawn for one lucky couple to hop on a private plane and fly to Las Vegas, NV for the weekend. Everyone who attended was required to pack their bags, bring them to dinner and be ready for a weekend in Vegas if their name was drawn. Private flight, limousine, hotel, food, shopping & slot machines for a warm weekend in Vegas. Who could turn this down? Keep reading..................
Friday, February 13, 2009
VIVA LAS VEGAS - WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?
We had a great time visiting with community friends, yummy dinner and background piano player. My boss actually sent Dave and I on behalf of my company, because he was donating the private plane and flight for the night. When I agreed to go he said if I won the trip to Vegas I had to decline because I was a representative of the company. You know when you have that feeling, "I could really win", but what are the chances? Towards the end of the night the drawing approached. Guess who won................................... NOT DAVE AND I, but a local doctor and his wife. I am sure they will have a great time. Wait a minute.......... Doc and his wife CAN'T GO for undisclosed reasons. Okay, it's only fair to draw again. Right? Well, you guessed it. "DAVID & LYNDLEY BUSCH, THE PLANE IS WAITING, GRAB YOUR BAGS AND BOARD FOR A WEEKEND IN VEGAS." What did they just say? I was so excited, but torn at the same time. One side of me said, "forget what your boss said because by the time he finds out you will already be in Vegas", but the other side said, "no you need to let someone else go, it's not fair". NOT FAIR FOR WHO? ME!!
What are the chances of winning out of hundreds of people?
I really need a vacation right now!
I deserve a vacation!
I rightfully won!
I could be in Las Vegas 1 hour from now!
Limo!
Night Life and Lights!
Shopping!
Fun!
No kids! Would Laura (Dave's mom) freak out if I didn't come home for a few days?? Oh well, she would manage. She would have to.
Dave's face said Vegas all over it, but I knew deep down I better do the right thing. I stood up in front of hundreds of people and said, "I am sorry, but I have to decline". Who turns down that opportunity? I had to okay, but let me tell you I was the biggest baby and pouted all night. I went home thinking, "I could be landing in Vegas right now". I eventually got over it, but still needed to blog about it. Someonelse had a fabulous weekend and trip. I guess that's all that matters.
Posted by DA'BUSCHS at 9:41 PM