Okay, so my mother-in-law said she is going to write a book about the drama and chaos in the Busch family's life. Let me start off by saying most of the chaos referenced below is SELF-INFLICTED (Dave would be the first one to tell you, it's not him but me. Sorry is your wife is a little ambitious and crazy at the same time).
Before the holidays Dave was offered a job to work for the AZ State Retirement System managing 6 billion dollars. Wow that's alot of money! We had big hopes and dreams to move on to the "big city". The job was there, a place to live, family, friends and most importantly the shopping. Well, after much debate we decided Dave could not make enough money to support our family, if Lyndley lived in the "big city" where the shopping was endless. At least in good ol' Farmington I am limited to Target, Maurices and the Buckle. The real reason we stayed was because our employers told us we couldn't go, and my family said I wouldn't last being away from them anyways. After it was all said and done it made more economical sense for our family to stay.
Well we got over that hurdle. Then, we had a few spec houses to sell. One sold right away. The other lagged behind way too long.................. Bad econimical times, high gas prices, election, holidays and cold weather. The house sat there vacant. We decided to sell our house and move up the street in the exact same house. Ours has a few more amentities and our realtor says, "it has the WOW factor." Well, the "WOW factor" worked because the first person that came to see our house bought it. I thought to myself, "that was so easy, now let's move of the street" and put the "WOW factor'' in that house. Not so soon, hold your horses... 3 days later the spec house sold. The good news: both houses sold. The bad news: where was the Busch family going to live? Lots of options to weigh out: 1)Rent 2)Build 3)Buy 4)Live in a van down by the river 5)Live with parents. After much thought and discussion we decided to buy an existing house. Now onto the house hunt with Mr. Realtor. A few days of endless internet searching and driving the neighborhoods like a stalker, we found a few houses to look at. Only one problem. They were way more expensive than our house and not nearly as nice. I was disgusted. What did I just do, what did I just give up? Dave constantly reminded me that I can not tackle another house building project right now. As much as I think I can, I can't right now. Who am kidding? He said, "let's spend our summer having fun and enjoying life" and "PROMISE ME NO MORE PROJECTS FOR AWHILE". Okay, I agreed.
I told our realtor, "We are homeless and need a place to live in 3 weeks". The options were narrowed real quick. There's a lot to build and there's a bunch of houses you don't like. I was so discouraged and a little panicky. I think I ate way too many oreo cookies with Gavin that week. I think this is longest I have ever blogged. It must be a way for women to vent without getting cut off by their husbands. Back to the house. We drove past a few houses, and I happened to mention to Mr. Realtor that I liked the style of those houses. A light bulb went off! See the following dialog:
Mr. Realtor: well the builder who built those houses lives in one right around the corner
Lyndley: What?? You think he would sell his house even though it is not for sale?
Mr. Realtor: Everything is negotiable. I know him so let's call him and see.
To make a long story short, we loved the house, the builder agreed to move and let us move in a few days early. Yeah!!
MORAL OF THE STORY: We are no longer the homeless family. We transferred that title over to someonelse. Much better them than me.
Move date is February 19th.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
HOMELESS FAMILY NEEDS HELP
Posted by DA'BUSCHS at 10:12 AM