Hailey was due July 22nd, but of course I had to be induced. Dr. Szeckley scheduled me to be at the hospital at 5:00 a.m. I couldn't sleep well the previous night in anticipation for what was to come. After having one baby I wasn't so naive this time. I knew there was only one way out. The hospital was full so I had to wait until about 9:00 to check-in. Nurse, Donna got me all hooked-up and dialed in. She was the best nurse! Dr. Szeckley broke my water at lunch, an epidural was requested, things progressed that afternoon and I was dilated to a 5 or 6. Yeah. Oh wait, Nurse Donna I think I need you to check me again. Her eyes got big and she called the doctor to come immediately. In a matter of 15 minutes I was at a 10. Dr. Szeckey threw on his scrubs and in 3 good pushes Hailey was here. Wow! 5 minutes of pushing wasn't bad, although I thought I would die during those 5 minutes. Dave even cut the cord this time.
1 day old. Here is our sweet Hailey Brooke. She weighed 7 lbs. 12 oz.
Gavin meets sister for the first time.