Monday, May 25, 2009

MEMORIAL DAY

Every Memorial Day we visit the cemetary as a family to pay our respects and place flowers on the graves of our loved ones. This has been a family tradition since I was a little girl. We also had the chance to find the headstones for Dave's grandparents. It's been about 15 years since Dave visited the cemetary where they were buried and has been inspired to find their headstones since. Adair Family
Gma Sheri & Hailey
Family Pic
10 years ago Dave's dad, Ernie died in a car wreck. Gavin only met his Granpa Ernie in heaven, but not on earth. This year was a neat experience for Gavin to learn about the plan of Heavenly Father and returning to live with him someday. When asked who planted all the grass at the cemetary Gavin replied, "Jesus planted all the grass". Clever little boy.

This is my Uncle Tom's family. He has lost 2 of his 6 children. Zachary died right after his first birthday and Nate died right after high school graduation. Tom is someone we all love and admire so much. He has more love and compassion than anyone else I know. At Nate's funeral he spoke and stated, "I am thankful for the 18 years I had with him." This is something Dave and I refer to quite frequently. To be thankful for the time we have with each other and our loved ones. As we well know, it can be gone tomorrow.